Follow Up to Flood Forum meeting 23 Oct.

Following a sometimes heated discussion at the meeting last night [23rd October 2018], thanks to all those who attended, I have an up date.

Following the bomb shell that the funding application has failed and no monies are available for flood resilience to help solve our immediate problems, and that works will not now probably start until 2021, I have been making other enquiries.

There are available, so I am told, several smaller community grants. These are for use in the community by the community.

Could I ask that all persons affected by the flooding, or are at risk of flooding, please contact me with there realistic requirements. I can then compile a list of needs and apply for these grants. There is no guarantee of success though.

Also I would like to make a village wide flood action plan to forward to the council, this will list on a door by door basis what is required. This will be submitted on a priority basis, works that will serve the bigger community first then on to individual door ways etc.

Going forward, I plan to set the forum up on a more professional basis to aid the receipt of grants and to carry out the works should the grants be awarded. All volunteers, admin and on the tools so to speak, would be welcome.

Chris Nolan
Parish Councillor (Flood Forum co-ordinator)

Print Email

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.